Wednesday, April 14, 2010

NPS XC1

The first round of the NPS took place at the weekend in glorious sunshine. It was a hard course that produced some great racing.

Joe was the only team member in action. After a blistering start he eventually finished an excellent 3rd in the Elites behind Robin(1st) and Richie Felle (2nd)

The next Round in the NPS will be in Killarney on the 25th Of April, by which stage we will have our new bikes.

Pics

Shay Barry’s photos Part 1
Shay Barry’s photos Part 2
Shay Barry’s photos Part 3

Phils photos (sports race)

More photos

Aine’s photos

Michal’s photos

Shane’s photos

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, great event. Jez, what a course. A pre lap on Saturday on the hardtail, and I was straight home to prep the full sus. Not too much elevation change, but 80% singletrack and lots of roots.

    Sunday was a crackin day, 18+ degrees and the course was drying fast. A capacity entry, 220 riders. I sprinted off from the start, maybe a bit too much, and got the holeshot the first singletrack. I got a gap of maybe 10 seconds at the end of the ST, and extended that until Robin caught me on the 2nd lap. Robin was crusin, but I was sufferin.

    Richi Felle was always less that a minute behind, and on the 4th lap, robin attacked and Richi caught and passed me. I settled into race finish mode and cruised home to 3rd.

    Not too bad, ok start considering my low base, the only way it up!

    Great course, well done to all IMBRC for a great event!

    Joe

    ReplyDelete