Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Leinster League Rnd 1 – 20th March 2011 – Mt Leinster

1st race of the new season, and it was a good one. The 795 racing guys put on a super show. Apparently the course was dusty on the sat, but over night rain made it mega slippy, a night mare for some, a playground for others. I was there to have fun, very little training in the last few months, and I was heavy too.

This was the first race of the new categories, and there was about 15 in senior 1, not too bad. Up the first fireroad and the pace was steady, led by Alfi “don’t f**k with me” Wallace. It stayed all together until the top, when I gave a dig just to get the holeshot into the 1st singletrack. Long, twisty, kicks berms, really good fun. Out the other end and it was only me, Richi and Max. Richi put a dig in the next climb, but I let him go and decided I would cath him on the next descent…..but this didn’t happen, Richi was riding very well technically. I knew the only way I would catch him is if I went raggied on the descents, but this didn’t work either, he was going very well.

So 2nd it was, very pleased considering I can barely ride the bike. Mark from MAD was 3rd, great ride, and we should be seeing more of him as the season goes on. The race was great fun, I was laughin a lot, this is how events should be run.
Well done to Mel in the ladies, Fergal in senior 2 (banger). Vinzer, my car pool parent, tired from a savage week in GC, had a tough day and rode around mid pack in the elites.

Off to Lanzarote next week for a family break, time to get the sun on the legs!


FSliddderrryyy

Vinny being chased by Oisin

Fergal on the bridge of doom

I'm not sure what is going on here, a TW rider going backwards :-)

Orla putting Richi in the trees!

No comments:

Post a Comment