Tuesday, June 8, 2010

NPS # 5 - Limerick - 6th June 2010

Good racing on Sunday, a long climb followed by a long single track descent awaited us. A good NPS turnout too, Robin, Peter returning from his broken foot, Ryan fresh from his RAS success. visiting candian pro Mike Garrigan and all the usual heads. Off from the gun the pace was steady and controlled. Evan put a dig in near the top and I dug too to get ito the singletrack ahead. Slippin n slidin on the I was a bit all over the shop, but still pulling away from the pack! I let Robin past and we finished lap 1 with just a few seconds between us, the rest were about 15 seconds down.....race on.

Ryan and Peter passed me on the 2nd lap and I made a mess of the descent on this lap and the 3rd, but I got my head around it o the forth and started to reel them in. I caugth ryan on the descent on the 4th and passed him on the climb on the fifth, and cauth Peter on the descent too! I led our group on the last lap up the climb, but near the top Peter and Ryan started attacking and I had no response.....4th it was! Mike came in 5th, after suffering a puncture on the 1st lap, a shame we may have had another rider in the group dicing for 2nd. Well done to Bob, too easy. New bike was excellent, climbed like a dream!

Next day Bob and I took Mike on some trails around Djouce, happy days......

Off to Southampton this weekend for a Southern XC race, should be fun.

Joe


Up the fireroad from the start

Robin took the win

Ryan roed well to take 2nd

Me in 4th

Booting it on the last descent!


Over from Canada, Mike garrigan took 5th. Sound bloke!

1 comment: