Tuesday, June 29, 2010

NPS # 6 - Dromara - 27th June 2010

Up to the north again, this time to last years Nationals venue in Dromara. I didn’t race the nationals last year, so I didn’t know what to expect. The course description was a bit loose, farm land, grassy hills, would this be another repeat of the cow trodden course of Killarney? Thankfully no! I actually enjoyed the course, great staged kicker climbs, dusty trails through high ferns and bushes, wonderful flowey corners…..a real test. Oh, and sunshine too.

The Elite field was missing a couple of key riders from round 5, Robin, Evan and Ryan, but Peter was there so this was not going to be easy. I lead the first lap, then Peter put the hammer down and really made me suffer on laps 2 and 3. Just 15-20 seconds away and couldn’t get back on! Then on the 5th lap, I rode up to him on the climb and passed him straight away. He then punctured and that was that! Win number 3 in the series, back to leading too, good stuffoooooooooo. The Raven was excellent, didn’t miss a beat, and I was able to stay in the big ring for the whole race (XX is class).

Well done to my chauffeur for the day, Vinny. He took an easy win in the Vets, should be a good nationals for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment