Sunday, July 11, 2010

NPS # 7 – Three Rock, Dublin. 4th July 2010

The final NPS. A finish would guarantee the overall win, so I was looking forward to this one. Three rock is a classic MTB location, right in my back garden and my home race.

The course was pretty good, the MAD team spent a lot of time building and draining, back breaking stuff. However, the start/finish was frustrating, a 20min walk from the main car park field, a shame.

Off we went, along “Stradia Biancia”, the long flat fireroad. I got the holeshot in the long singletrack descent. I was brutal, the sun shining through the trees made spoting lines impossible. Onto the purple road climb and it was me and Peter, the long climb awaits. I was not feeling good, tired legs and not going as fast as I should have. I contimuned to lead for the rest of the lap, a couple more good descents, a climb, long flat dbl trail and singletrack to the finish. Lap 2, and I continued to lead back to the long fireroad, really slow again, I was just waiting for Peter to jump, and he did, with a mighty kick, I could not respond.


I struggled throught the rest of the race, coming in 2nd. My worst performance in a long time, jez I was like a bull at the end! Congrats to Peter, flying on the day. James and Richi came in sprinting for 3rd, with James taking the podium spot. Evan was next, good enough for 2nd in the league.

The prizegiving was great, the field was superb. Thanks MAD!

2010 NPS champion, nice one. 2 weeks to sort myself out and get ready for the big one, the Nationals!!


Stunning views!

Booting it!

Evan and Richi chasing hard

Vinny took the win in the Vets

Ray on the tough climb

Mega roots

Multiple lines allowed overtaking

A tough day for me

Peter and I on lap 1

Evan yumping the rocks



No comments:

Post a Comment